Thursday, October 3, 2024

October TBR and Reading Challenge

    Today has been a very hard day. I feel completely drained of all emotion and energy. Guess what I usually like to do when I am having a hard time? I like to participate in what we call escapism. I usually do this by getting into a new book and not leaving it until I feel better. However, this time I am not permitting myself this negative habit. Instead I am allowing grief and sorrow to work itself out in a healthier way and simply finding quiet time here and there to sneak in some reading.

    This month, one of my favourite booktubers has a fun readathon to participate. It has been my guide to which books I'll pull off my shelf to read this month.   
    Each prompt that she gives can be done either physically while reading any book or by reading a book that somehow fits the prompt. This sort of thing just made me get so excited. I went to my shelf and found what I felt like might just be the perfect pile for this month.


Rainy day: The Thursday Murder Club- Richard Osman
    I chose this one so I could enjoy the humor while listening to the rain falling outside. It has nothing to     do with rain as far as I know. 
Fireplace: The Splendor Before Dark- Margaret George
    This is all about Nero and we all know what he did with fire.
With a blanket: Little Black Book- Kate Carlisle
    This book has a blanket on the cover and is a cozy mystery so both things work for this prompt.
Under the trees: The Giver- Lois Lowry
    The cover of this book has tree branches all over it.
Fresh baking: A Killer Edition- Lorna Barrett
    The cover is plastered in fresh baking in a kitchen.
In the dark: Shadow and Bone- Leigh Bardugo
    The word shadow refers to darkness.
On a hike: Welcome Home- Travels in smalltown Canada- Stuart McLean
    A travelling book is much like a hike.
Drinking tea: Emma- a modern retelling- Alexander McCall Smith
    In the British classic tradition they always drank tea. I also have been enjoying a lovely tea while           reading this one.

Of course these are subject to change but this is the plan for this months reading.
How about you? Looking forward to any good books this month? 

No comments: