Friday, March 13, 2009

How I Stay Motivated

I dont know about you, but when it comes to getting things done around my house, or with my own self, I tend to be lazy at times and really find it hard to get motivated to work. This really hit me when I stood on the scale at my sisters house and saw the number... 10 pounds higher than I thought I was and that number was already too high. I came home and Decided it was finally time to do something about it.

Immediately, I got out a notebook and wrote how I was feeling and why I was writing. Then, I decided to use this journal everyday to record what I do (in point form) and my goals for the next day. I decided I would avoid eating any sugar that isnt natural (ex. fruit) and would start running.

I have to say, this is the best idea I have ever had, at least for me. Im sure this isnt even a new idea but it is new to me. I will record my weight every two weeks so as not to get too discouraged when I see no change and it ensures I do my bible reading and cleaning.

Some days are easier than others but all in all I am happy with how I am doing. Try it out if you are struggling with motivation. Its almost as thought you are competeing against yourself.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Kate,
Will be praying for you! I know that you'll have no problems dropping your weight now that you've set your mind to it:)

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a list! Hope it works well for you, Kate! AuntieB