Saturday, February 25, 2012

Busy Morning

Not only is today my brothers wedding but it is also my hubby's 26th birthday.

I wanted to think of how I could make this a special day for him (things have been busy and stressful around here) so I figured a special breakfast and lunch might do the trick.

The boys decided it was wake up time at 6 as normal so we headed downstairs to allow daddy a bit more sleep. I got to work making pancakes to add to our morning feast.


I also bake (yesterday) some biscuits (cinnamon and sugar), banana bread and oatmeal muffins. Add some homemade freezer jam, compliments of Tara, and we had ourselves a very special breakfast. I even put candles in the muffins so we could sing to him (no cake for him today).


I am aware Ewan is wearing pink (we had an accident when we were out yesterday and Karin had a lot of pink so that is what he got to wear-I never changed him)

Once breakfast was eaten and cleared, we opened presents. I bought Dave a light up model that I thought he and the boys could do together. I knew time with his boys was quite the gift and I was right. Unfortunately the model only lights up. I was under the impression that it was like a remote control car. A bit of a dud. But they enjoyed it for a short while.


For lunch we will be having hot panini sandwiches with some chips. The weather is being special today though. I believe we have had around 15 cm of snow overnight ans it is still snowing. We still have to drive 30 minutes into the city for the wedding at 1 so we may be rushing our lunch and crawling our vehicle into the city.

Hopefully soon I will be able to get some pictures of the wedding up. We are all very excited to see this union.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Cannot wait for pictures of Daniel's wedding! Love to you all!

Faye @ RawLawyer.com said...

Sorry to hear about the stressful times. Praying.

Anonymous said...

You take good care of your men, Kate! Auntyb