Monday, March 5, 2012

Birthdays!

This weekend was a busy one but so much fun.

I sent Matty to my sisters on Thursday and took my niece in his place. It was really fun to have a big girl as a child for a few days.

Since we needed to swap back, we decided to celebrate Dave's birthday with a dinner on Saturday and also make it a birthday dinner for my nephew who turned 4 that day. It was nice to have them all over finally. We used to so this sort of thing all the time but our house hasnt been ready for it until now.

You can see here that Dave set up this mini table for the kids. We only have the one and there were too many people to fit at it. So, use some buckets and an old table and voila, a perfect kids table. They sat under twinkling lights, had a candle (for a very short time) and each sat on pillow.

I went on a baking spree- actually i pretty much lived in the kitchen for two days- and prepared cupcakes for the birthday boy, a carrot cake for the birthday man and lasagna for dinner.

It was such a nice time. I love to host but since its been such a mess around here its been hard. Family is the best to come over since they know whats going on and wont judge the state of the house on my housekeeping (trust me, I try to keep it).

Sunday was my father in laws birthday celebration. Unfortunately, Matty was under the weather so I stayed home with him and Ewan and Dave and Levi went to party. I was sad to miss it and would have loved to drag the sicko along but it would have likely ruined the whole afternoon for us all.

Today we are back to normalcy except for incredibly snotty noses. Maybe we're on the home stretch?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Grace said...

Looks like fun! I also enjoyed having a big girl around a couple of weeks ago when Anna stayed with us...huge help!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks so interesting, Kate...Hope I get to see it on one of AuntyB