Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Projects

Its always a feat to try and do anything creative when at home with little ones. However, I find it one of the greatest rewards when I actually finish a project. It gives me a sense and creative accomplishment.

I've never been terribly gifted in the area of fine arts but I still enjoy trying. I've also found I have a passion for needle work (knitting, sewing and embroidery) which can still be classified under art in some way, shape or form.

Currently I have 4 projects on the go. Three days ago I would have has to add another to that list. Its finally finished, however.

Cohens baby blanket!





How sad is it that it is only NOW just finished? I've been working on this for over a year. It took so long because it was a little bit boring. Knit, purl, knit, purl... The duck was fun. I had never made a picture before. That's what made this project new and exciting.

My sister also showed my a picture that I found inspiring and decided to give it a try. She found this woman who turns regular things you wouldnt think about into art. One of these ideas were leaves. She would take them and paint on them, making them a new kind of beautiful. 

Here is the first one I did (and the only one I have finished):


This one is my Oak leaf that is not finished yet but you can get the general idea. I have to add embellishments with black pen inside some of the coloured layers. 


 As it is the first time I have every really painted with acrylics, I am very happy with the project. I plan on doing a number of leaves I can find in my backyard and them string them together in a garland. Something happy to look at during the long winter coming upon up.

I hope you are all finding time to be creative. Its amazing what it does for your mood.

No comments: