Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our Final Weekend Away

The past few Weeks has been absolutely insane. Constant events that has kept me very busy. We went to a cottage for a week then I came home and was out almost every night with events (movie night, Jo's party, Norahs baptism...) and then it was off again for another weekend away.

Every year for several years, the young adults get together from our church and visit a cottage. It is always a fun time. We play games, go swimming and boating, eat yummy food and just have a fantastic time with our friends. Matty had his very first boaat ride and seemed... indifferent as Dave put it. He was more interested with the inside of the boat than what was happening.

Dave went water skiing very successfully. Connor went tubing for the first time and so did Lijah and Caelah... it was the weekend for firsts.

This week things are settling down. I have Mattys first party to plan (this Sunday from 2-5 if anyone wants to come and celebrate with us). And I went to my very first book clubn last nigth and the author was there. It was really neat. I am very happy to have a home week though. I need to be home and just let both Matty and myself get back ointo our normal routine.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Great pictures...hope matty's birthday is a blast:) wish I could be there to celebrate with you!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for cottages! AuntieB

Susanna Rose said...

A book club...sounds so fun! Where is it and what author did you meet? Also, Matty is so big and I love his full head of blond hair!:)