Friday, November 6, 2009

Jane Austen's Persuasion

Well, I have finished the first of the many books I have to read (here). I have decided that I will bold all the books that I read so as not to confuse the earlier numbers but to help me remember which ones I have completed.


I have to admit, I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would. It definetly takes a few pages to get in tune with the language and I will admit that often, while reading it, I had no idea what some of the words meant. But it was a very enjoyable read.

The main character is a lady named Anne Elliot who is a very loveable character. She is unloved by her family yet loved by everyone else.

This story follows the predictable plot of Jane Austens books but maybe that is why it was still so enjoyable. I am glad I enjoyed it because there are another two Jane Austen books on the list that I have to read.

I would recommend this book. Its short, easy to get into and the characters are enjoyable to follow and learn about. Now i just have 80 more books to go!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Thanks for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

Good job, Kate...I will have to reread some Jane Austen...Brilliant stuff! Thanks...AuntieB