Friday, November 12, 2010

My Current Dwelling Place

This is where I am living with the boys right now:




Isn't it nice?

When my sister and brother-in-law found out that we were going to take them up on the offer of living with them, they were immediately ready to get to work. Jo and Aidan's basement is currently unfinished but had an area where the kids could play and watch movies. With our coming, Aidan jumped to work on getting a room ready for us.

The future plan for the basement is for teenage boys to reside but it was not a priority. In enters Katie. Aidan got the room all set. The windows are mostly molded in, the closet is all molded and it works perfectly for us.

We are so greatful to have a beautiful place like this to live. I don't know how many people get excited about communal living but I was excited about it. So was my sister. We were the kind of sisters who, when we had the choice to look for beds for our room, chose one double bed. Why not two? We enjoyed being close together. When we had bunk beds most nights we ended up in the same tiny bed anyways. We wouldn't have changed it for the world.

Now we are under the same roof again. The house is loud but it is a joy filled loudness. 7 kids under the age of 8. 3 adults (2 of which are moms). You would think that could cause problems but we really enjoy the community. We try to give and take mutually, we discuss our devotions throughout the day. Its an on going dialogue that changes shapes but never stops.

All communities have their struggles and I am sure there are many things that I do that may annoy my sister and brother in law but Im pretty sure all of us would say we would be sad if this wasn't what we were doing. All these memories and relationships that we are building and making are things that will never be forgotten. Matthew loves his cousins and gets excited to play with them everyday and Levi loves his Norah.
(insert picture)

They are each others playgrounds.

I am forever grateful for such a wonderful place to live. I have support and love while my husband is away for longer stretches than I am used to and very welcome distractions for loneliness I would otherwise be feeling. Thank you for your loving arms and home. We can never forget it.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Kate,
Am so glad you are able to stay there. I'm sure it's so nice having the company of your sister. Love the picture of Norah and Levi. Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

What fun! AuntyB