Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Class of 2011

The other day I came across this picture.

My little brother (Connor) was graduating from kindergarten and I was there. It was a teddy bear graduation. They all got to bring their favourite bear and receive their diploma together.

Today I got to see him graduate from grade 6.



All the students had to stand up and say something about their years at the school and then sit down again.


I missed him getting his "diploma" because Levi was a royal pain and caused so much distraction you couldnt hear anything. So I needed to get out of there fast. In the end I had to leave early with both boys because I just couldnt handle the dirty looks and the frustration from all the proud parents. I, just being a proud sister, felt I should stop getting in the way of others enjoyment of the event.

There were refreshments out for afterwards. As we were leaving Matty kept saying "mommy, I am listening, I am listening well". He was a bit sad we left because he really wanted a cookie or doughnut from the table. So I explained to him that he was pretty good but Levi was terrible so we had to leave but that we would grab a treat on the way home and that satisfied.

I am glad I got to see what I did. To be there 6 years after his first ceremony in kindergarten. Another special event in that not so little man's life.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Wow he has grown. Still remember him being so tiny!

Anonymous said...

He is one lovely young man! AuntyB