Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving weekend has come and gone and it was a wonderful, busy time.

Sunday we went to Dave's families home and had a wonderful time of fellowship and yummy food. The kids played really well together and we chatted happily for the afternoon. I had my camera with me and my kids cutely dressed in hope of taking pictures and didnt end up taking a single one. The day always gets away from me.

Monday was thanksgiving with my family out at my sisters place. I was responsible for the 24 pound turkey that we feared wasnt going to be ready for a very long time but everything ended up being ok.


We ate like kings and once again I forgot to take pictures until everyone was stuffed and sitting down digesting. Not the best pictures but better than nothing.

Not only did we have our adopted family members present but we also had my aunt, uncle and cousin from Georgia/Tennessee there. It was so nice to see them. Made me miss everyone else who wasn't there.


Levi was a pro at finding peoples left behind drinks and made them his own. Who would want to drink from that after that slimy face touched it?
The kids all enjoyed playing with Tika's i-phone. It kept them occupied for at least 40 mins.

At the end of the night we headed home and put kiddos to bed. They played hard and were so ready for bed.

This morning I found out that last night there was also an engagement:
Congrats Daniel and Amanda. I am so excited!!!!

I am so thankful for my family and friends, for food and warmth, salvation and grace. The list could go on forever. I am so glad for that too.

I hope all you Canadians had a wonderful thanksgiving weekend and I look forward to hearing about all the American ones in November.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Kate,
Wish I could have been there...love seeing my parents with you guys! Happy thanksgiving and congrats to your brother!