Saturday, October 22, 2011

Some Big Changes

Today is a big day of change. Where to begin???

Well, today was moving day. No, not for us but for my brother and his fiance and their baby. They have come to live with us for a little while to help them save money. And so our place was changed around a bit to make room. Here is what it looks like at the moment:
The upstairs-
these two rooms will be Daniel and Amanda's but for now they are not complete.
Our new location for books- tucked under the island.

Our dining room is now also our sitting room - I kind of like it.

Some of their boxes are stacked on the table back their to keep them from getting ruined.

Our entry way where the couch used to be now stores all of their unpacked items.

Things are everywhere at the moment. As I am typing this post their room currently looks like this:This will actually be the boys room but Daniel and Amanda will begin here until the other rooms are done.
It looked like this only an hour or so before the above picture.

Not so sure if they will be staying tonight or not.

We have acquired two new kittens. Not my desire at all but Dave thought it would be good for the kids and to catch mice. I agree but I found a flea. Yup, not cool. So my mom and I gave the two of them flea baths and they are wearing a flea collar and I vacuum twice a day for now. I don't think they were ever really bad because I only ever saw one. That is enough for me though. Only one is pictured here : Pussy Cat (Matty's name). Frank (Daves choice) is somewhere. Traumatized from his bath very likely.

This chair is another change. I am so in love with it. My sister in law found it and sent it my way so I went and purchased it and i love it.

My last and favourite big change is that Ewan is much happier. He gets to sleep my laying down happily and eventually drifting off to sleep. Today is only day two but I'm loving it.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Wow Kate! Lots of changes. I LOVE that chair! What a find!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful home, Kate....What is the wedding date? AuntyB