Sunday, April 29, 2012

Jesus Will Heal It

A while back when Matthew had his thumb crushed into a window, we had a few moments of frustrations with him. Surprisingly not because of pain but because of the visual appearance of his finger.

I'll admit, my stomach turned every time I had to change the band aids. Now that it is mostly healed, the mangled finger nail still makes my tummy fill with butterflies.

Every time Matthew got wind of us talking about having to change the band aid he would break down into tears. "No mommy, its ok. I dont want to." The fear of his SEEING the wound set him into minor hysterics.

In those times I was sure to remind him, as I redressed his wound that the Lord was so good and was healing his finger so nicely. At the time he simply agreed and nothing more was eve mentioned.

Recently, however, "Jesus will heal it".  This is what you hear Matty say any time he hurts himself. Now these hurts are simple bonks on the head or a scrape on his heal and a stubbed toe. He comes crying (which is new- he never used to cry much at all) and tell me what hurts. I'll have a look and tell him it looks okay; sometimes I offer a kiss. Then he replies: "oh, its okay. Jesus will heal it."

I wonder if it is that we just read from the gospel and Jesus healed so many with miracles. Put that with his healed finger and I suppose it makes perfect sense.

I love seeing the simple acceptance of young ones. It does, however, remind me of just how careful we must be with our training.

Have a restful Lord's day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet.

Heather said...

I just love this!