Monday, June 11, 2012

Celebrating the Graduate

My sister in law, Katrina, just finished her final year of nursing at University and also completed her examination. I am so proud of her accomplishments.

Every year she studied so hard that she was usually the top or second to the top of her class. She won scholarships and awards and put the rest of life on hold to devote all her attention to her studies. In so doing, I believe she has developed a true passion for nursing. She even came as my extra guest when I gave birth to Ewan. For others, I'm sure that study schedule might snuff out any excitement.

Now that four hard years are over I though we ought to celebrate the graduate.




Saturday afternoon the family came over (extended included) and we visited, gave gifts and ate a spread of good food. I'm not eating sugar so I made sure we had fruit and veggies and some pumpernickel bread but every party needs cake. So, I made a banana cake for the graduate and a chocolate cake for the many people who were celebrating birthdays.

 
 
I wanted to make a special something for Katrina so I set to work on an embroidery pattern. It wasn't completely finished by the party but the next morning I was ready to frame it and brought it to church so I could give it to her.

It was so nice to show her in some way how proud I am of her. Congrats, again, Katrina on your fabulous accomplishments.

3 comments:

King's Daughters said...

Kate,
That embroidered picture is AMAZING. Wow. And on the red with the silver frame it's just perfect. You are the very best sister anyone could hope for.
Love,
Jo

Anonymous said...

Aww... Katie you are so sweet! Thank-you so much for the lovely party. You put so much effort into making it a special day and I really enjoyed myself. And your embroidery is truly exquisite! It looks really, really good in my room (even with the pink walls!) and I can't wait to hang it up.
Love,
Katrina

Anonymous said...

Katie, What a lovely thing to do! Congratulations, Katrina! AuntyB