Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Park Days

 Once a week I try to get the boys to the park near us. 
 
This is a big deal for me since I really don't enjoy parks. I don't like sand, I hate that everything is always in full sun, I really don't enjoy having to help my kids play...

 This year things are different though. My boys play by themselves for the most part. They pretend play together and only need help with a few pushes on the swing.

 I bring a picnic lunch for all of us and set it up under our tree. This is one of the only places I can find shade near the playground. We sit, eat lunch and then the boys are free to take off.
 I then pop Ewan into the swing and give him a few pushes which thrills him to no end.
This gives me a bit of relief. Its a safe play for the boys to go nuts. Their ample amounts of energy can be used here and then when it is time to head home, they are ready for a nice rest while Ewan has nap time.

I will admit, I am beginning to change my tune about the park... I just wish there were more shaded areas!

2 comments:

Grace said...

I hate "playing" at the park too. Cora is pretty much able to do it all herself. Finally.

glad to see those adorable faces!

Anonymous said...

Katie, That is so funny - I hate sand, sun, playing - I remember it well. You are a good sport -and a good mama - to just go ahead and do it! AuntyB