Monday, October 22, 2012

A Quiet Day

Today I thought I would have a quiet day. This weekend was a busy one full of fun things to do but as everyone left for work this morning and I slept terribly again, I figured a nice clam down day was what the doctor ordered.

We took so many pictures that I thought I could share a few more of them with you.


This picture is one of the first scenery pictures I took. I got it while driving. I love that the rockies are in the back, the foothills in front and then the valley in the foreground. It was Friday here and you can see the sun was out, it was warm and the sky was mostly blue. The next day was a different story.


These three mountain peeks are called the three sisters. See all the clouds? The snow was falling by the buckets here. It was beautiful but terrifying.

 This is a hotel!!! And it is only part of it. The castle stretches on and on and on. You can get lost inside it. We brag about our Chateau Laurier in Ottawa... Im afraid it fades in comparison. We took pictures of us sitting in the sitting room of the bathroom. I wont post them, however, because we don't look terribly flattering. Im going to chose to be vain here :)


 Both of these pictures are taken at the falls right down from the hotel/ castle. Every time we tried to throw the snow it got clumped into balls and poor Tara had fleece mittens on so it mostly just stayed stuck to her mitts.



 I couldn't get over just how stunning the snow was on the orange leaves and the red berries. Winter seems to have snuck up on these beautiful plants.


In this picture you will see it is not snowing and I am wearing my spring jacket... We are just about to enter Banff national park and the weather has not yet changed on us. I think I may have to retire that jacket for the rest of this trip.


Finally, I thought I would let you see just how much snow is falling. We were just walking back to the vehicle to get going and this is what we were walking in. Cars were having trouble stopping in the sleet and it was much colder and quite wet. I just feel like Christmas is around the corner.

Today is back to normal for the Fritzke household so everyone was up and out of the house early for work. I've had breakfast, done a whole Beth Moore chapter in my Esther book and am now posting for you all.

My Tummy has been a bit upset since I've changed my diet a bit while being here... I think I will have to be a lot more careful because already I am itchier than I've been in months and my tummy has been rebelling on me a bit. Thankfully I have my allergy pills and ample time to rest. I may just go and watch a movie now.

Tomorrow I plan on braving the Calgary roads and drivers to find my way to some shops and sights and on Thursday Vanessa is going to take me downtown ( I am incredibly grateful I wont have to go on my own). I'll be sure to keep you posted on the events here in the West.

1 comment:

Grace said...

So lovely Kate! Have fun!