Thursday, June 25, 2009

The FAVOURITE Toy

Whenever I thought of my child with a favourite comfort thing or toy, I always pictured him carrying a blanket or a stuffed animal... these things were things I always did and it has always been a vision of mine that Matty would love holding onto a special blanket or stuffy. I was surprised, and pleasantly so, to find him VERY attatched to this:


This is a handmade ball from his Tante Melissa that he got for Christmas. He has always loved balls, but certainly not as much as this one.

He carries in with him onto a ride on toy,

And he carries it around while crawling just about anywhere.
I brought it camping with us and he wouldn't let it out of his sight, let alone his fist. It was the dirtiest sight I had ever seen and I was really worried that it was going to be the end of the ball. However I washed it in the washing machine and it came out so nice and clean it looked brand new. I wish I had a picture of just how filthy it was because it was bad.

His trusty ball has gone swimming with him, camping with him, driving with him and he has used it as a chew toy as well as a pillow. I love watching him with it.

Good choice Matty!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Cute Kate!

Anonymous said...

So sweet and mysterious as to how and why they attach so specifically, isn't it? AuntieB