Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Teeny

Big Brother Matty

So sorry this post has taken so long to be written. I've left you all hanging (not really since you all guessed it).

I'm pregnant!

I'm only in my 7th week but have been feeling nausious for quite a while. I didnt post earlier because I received some pretty frightening news shortly after letting you allknow my symptoms. The doctors called and let me know that they thought I was not pregnant or that I was going to miscarry any day. They said this because the blood test they took showed no sign of pregnancy. So, I went in and they took another blood test and then I had an ultrasound a few days later. The blood test came back first and it was an encouraging result. The levels were a lot higher and suggested that I was indeed pregnant. Then the ultrasound showed proof of a little one. So tiny I really could only see the sac. They said they saw the heart beat though. Very encouraging.

When I returned to the doctors they told me that I must have just been pregnant and that is why the blood test wasnt accurate. I still find that a little odd since blood tests are always suppose to be more accurate but my urine sure gave the right result a whole two weeks before the blood. ODD!?

Anyways, I am 7 weeks and 3 days, I am quite healthy and I think the baby is too because it continues to make me feel very icky.

We called Matty Tiny when we didnt know if he was a boy or girl and so this little one will be called Teeny until we find out. I am going to play a little came with anyone who wishes to play. As time goes by I will update symptoms and eventually I will encourage you all to guess what I am having. Then, I will let you all know either once the baby is born or once I know the sex... depends on how many people are interested.

So far the only difference between Matty and Teeny is that with Matty I was sick in the mornings for two months and then it went away for the day. This baby makes me feel icky all day everyday but I am rarely sick. I've been sick twice. Once because I didnt eat and the other time because I ate (actually, drank) too quickly.

So, good guessing everyone. I will have another little one around January 16th. I will venture to guess the baby will more likely arrive January 23rd.

4 comments:

Johannah said...

I will guess GIRL, mostly due to wishful thinking... She will have strawberry blond hair and be deliciously adorable.
I think this is a safe bet.

Grace said...

yay! Cannot wait! Glad to hear the pregnancy is healthy! I am going to guess girl because I was sick all day with Cora but never threw up...who knows:) I may change my guess later:)

Anonymous said...

I will join the girl chorus, at least for now....AuntieB

Susanna Rose said...

I am so excited to play the game too! I go with Jo's guess...no matter boy or girl, he/she will indeed be deliciously adorable, just like Matty!:)