Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Progress

After my complaining (see a few posts ago) I decided to take some fantastic advice given me and just start small. So, I decided as long as I accomplished something each day, it was a start. Why set your standard so high that no matter what you will be disappointed and discouraged?

So I set to work on accomplishing one thing- my hall way entrance way. It took about an hour just to get it organized and put all the random things away that had piled up on the table and it really should never have become so bad.

Once it was done I felt a million times better. I even had time to set to work in the living room. It is probably the room that has the least of a problem so I usually get it cleaned up pretty quickly.

In one day I had made the front of my house look good. It took about an hour and a half and I was feeling so much better. I had accomplished something... ANYTHING!!!

Firday, my sister in law Katrina, came and gave me a huge hand in getting all the hidden mess taken care of. We organized the kitch cupboards, we fixed up a place for storage that had run out of room due to lack of organization and we got the bedroom tidied and vacuumed (not an easy thing to do when your baby starts screaming every time it is turned on). Katrina kept him distracted in teh front of the house while I got it all clean :)

Not much has been accomplished since but Im taking it realistically for this stage in life. I am trying to keep on top of what is already nice and then pick a project a day to finish. If it goes smoothly and well, I even start on another project.

As for Matty and Dave, They've been working hard on getting Daves car in good shape.
Here they are working together and putting together the new dash Dave has made. (Those of you who didnt know, Dave bought himself a new classic car from '72 and is fixing it up so he can use it)

Not much else is new. Teeny (baby in the womb) continues to grow. Havent had an appointment recently so I havent heard Teeny's heart beat again but I look forward to it on Friday. Then later this month I get to have my ultrasound and might finally find out the sex of the baby. Should I tell you or let you all guess and be surprised???

Tomorrow my sister is having her baby by c-section. Please pray as the last two both swallowed amneotic fluid and were put in the special care nursery for a few days. It would be nice for both the baby and Jo to be together right off the bat this time. Plus it is their last (as far as they are concerned and it would just be a lovely thing for it to go perfectly).

Ill post picture of mommy and baby tomorrow or Thursday... whenever I next have a chance.

3 comments:

Karin said...

looks great Kate!

Grace said...

Good job Kate it looks awesome! Please post some pics of Jo's little girl...dying to see her:)

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, Kate! AuntieB