Monday, December 14, 2009

A Fairy Story

I just finished abother book on my list. It took less then a day since it was a nice shortr one.

George Orwell's Animal Farm. I opened up the cover and the inside cover called it a fairy story. What on earth were they thinking? Sure it has talking animals but I have to say, I would never concider this to be a fairy story. Nothing magical or beautiful. Purely a commentary on the nature of man. I wont go in depth of the message behind it since I read it to read not study. Let me just say that it was an easy read but not one that I would be so excited to read again. That being said, i will still admit that it was well written.

One more down. Many more to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A commentary on communism- nothing could make that pretty...AuntyB