Thursday, December 31, 2009

Not Time Yet

Why is it so hard to let God be in charge? Why is it that plans that you have, when changed, you feel as though it will ruin your day? Today is one of those days for both myself and Dave.

Today is the closing date on the house. We were certain we would be the moving in a couple of months. Then the phone rang this morning. I answered it full of excitment and happiness and it was our realtor letting us know that the owner was refusing to get rid of the tenants who are currently in the house. Our choices would be to wait until September to get the house or to take the house with the tenants. Both of those are not really what we are hopeing for.

So, any day I could give birth to my second son, we live in a one bedroom apartment and we have no idea what to do next. Matty is already sleeping in the laundry room which is working out alright. Can we keep our next one in our bedroom for the next forseeable future? Matthew made it in the same room with us until he was 9 months old but he wouldnt sleep through the night because we were in the same room.

Nothing else on the market is what we are looking for and if we buy land to build, we would have to continue renting for a few more years. This idea is ok with me except that then we would have to move to another rental place which would be more expensive and likely in a less wonderful location and it would be moving twice in two years.

Dave and I had it all worked out. It was going to be a lot of work but it was just what Dave wanted.

Today was the day we could officially have been owners of our first house. Now it is looking like it may not be for another while. Im fighting to keep myself from being to odiscouraged and sad. God obviously has the right thing for us and it just wasnt this house. Or maybe it is this house but it just isnt the time... its hard for me to consider another time being better but God knows things I sure dont.

Any ideas as to how to make a one bedroom work for a family of four for several more years at the most? We currently have a very spacious livingroom/dining room at the front of the house. Then there is our large kitchen, a big bedroom in the back of the house and then the bathroom and the laundry/matty room.

Please, send me any idea you might have to help me work out what to do in a few months time. Dave and I would love some fresh ideas and something to look forward to.

Hmm, having just written about this and thiking about it I am sure we can make this little place work for us for as long as we have to. Its helped me drag myself out of my pity and into the realm of possibilities. I like the place a lot better than pity. I mean, this is what God has so graciously bestowed upon us. A warm, fantastic apartment and fmaily all around and two sons, the possibility of owning a house one day... Things arent so bleak :)

Anyways, Happy new year everyone! May it be as full of wonderful possibilities as ours will be.

3 comments:

Karin said...

oh Kate, how disappointing!

what about putting up an actual wall in your bedroom and splitting that big room into two rooms?

we'll be praying for you.
Love Karin.

Grace said...

Kate,

I hate hearing this. I'm so sorry...I know that has got to be so disappointing. Before Cora was in her own room she did sleep through the night with us...we always had a noise maker right beside her bed...could you possibly do that? Maybe he'll be a deeper sleeper then Matty? I wonder if you could buy some screens and put them up so you at least feel like there is a barrier between you...

Anonymous said...

SO sorry, Kate...May God provide you an even better home, before too long! AuntyB