Wednesday, December 16, 2009

One Month More

Today marks exactly one more month until we meet our little Levi (if he comes right on time, which I am sure he won't). However, with the last little bit of time to go and very little left to do ( I have no shopping to do, the laundry has been done and his dresser has been filled), Ive decided to begin packing my hospital bag.

Last year I posted a list of all the things that were in my bag before I gave brith to Matty. I had a very thorough bag but I still found that in the end, even only being there two days, I was sad, lonely, bored and discouraged. Now I know those feelings come after giving birth. Hormones going crazy with the change to the body but I thought it might be fun to find out what you guys would suggest as some things to bring to the hospital that can be a comfort and help pass the time.

Yes, a new baby will be hard to put down and will get a lot of my attention but I would still love to know what you would suggest I pack in my bag. Help me pass this next month doing fun packing instead of waiting and waiting.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Looking back I think it was fun doing nothing...reality is, once you go home you'll be starting the no sleep cycle. I assume Levi will be in the hospital nursery at night? I would enjoy your sleep and relaxation while you can:) Will Dave be in the room with you most of the time? Justin stayed with me and also had a bed to sleep in...so I did not get bored. I don't know if you have that? Maybe bring some magazines you enjoy? I love you Kate...cannot WAIT to see that sweet baby!

Johannah said...

My favourite feature of the maternity floor is the lounge. Bring board games and good books and get there as much as possible. It's so nice to out of your room. And at the Civic, the view is incredible out those windows.

Anonymous said...

Too old to remember! AuntyB