Friday, July 9, 2010

Heat Wave

I dont think I can recall a time here in Ottawa where I have felt as uncomfortable as I have the past week. It has been so hot and humid that sitting in my house with all the lights off and fans on still had me sitting in puddles of sweat and freaking out that I just might go insane if I didnt fine somewhere to go that would be cooler. Can you tell that I am a northerner?

Please notice they are not wearing much in the way of clothes. I just cant bare to do that to them.

One day this week the kids and I fled to Karin's air conditioned haven to cool off and visit. We stayed right until their bed time and then came home and put them to bed in the air conditioned bedroom. Another day we went to Ness and Cory's and spent some time in the pool and in the shade. Another we went to a beautiful beach in Quebec on Lac Phillipe. Today, we are chilling in the fan breezed livingroom (because I am so tired of the bedroom) and the boys are nappying in the air conditioning.

The heat has been made worse by both Matty and I getting some sort of bug or minor poisoning. I went for a doctors appointment for Matty because he was complaining of a sore tummy and in one day dirtied 9 diapers and they said it seemed like nothing serious and to just make sure he drank a lot. (I foudn out that he is only 24 lbs-Levi was 16 lbs overa month and a half ago!) Then later he had a fever of 101 and then still later he wanted to run around and play in his little pool. Thankfully he slept well because then I came down with a touch of it and was called to the washroom a few times. We both seem to be doing better today (somewhat) and the heat is nothing like what it has been. As I type this I am hearing thunder rumbling. Are you coming to remove most of this wretched humidity???

Anyways, we've been hot and cranky and sick but I have a few sweet pictures from the beach for you to enjoy.

Matthew has cream cheese all over his face and I am wodering if it is the culprit for the dirty diapers.

Levi and Norah enjoying each other.

Could life be any better? Chips and a Grammie to sit on?

I hope everyone is finding ways to survive this heat and maintain sanity.

2 comments:

Irene said...

I love your picture. Especially the one of your one of your mom. : )

Anonymous said...

Is it cooler now, Kate? AuntyB