Friday, July 30, 2010

Photo Development

Since Matthew was born we have printed up to his baptism. That would mean he was three weeks old. The only printed photos we have of our SONS is of Matthew up to three weeks.

Anyone else have this problem?

I just kept telling myself that we had all of the photos on the computer and if we needed any printed we could easily do it. But that still didnt sit well with me. What if my computer crashed? All of our precious pictures could be completely gone. (I know there is such thing as backing things up but just go with me on this). When computers have pictures on them, very rarely does anyone else get to enjoy them. And eventually said children will want to take their pictures to show others.

Today I caught up (sort of). I got all the pictures organized and sent them to be developed. I had two different systems. Levi's pictures were all uploaded and sent online. Matty's were all put onto a memory card and brought to the store. I have 150 pictures of Levi so the price wasn't too bad. I wasnt completely sure how many I had of Matthew since I didnt see a number on my computer. I went in faith that it couldnt be that bad.

Boy was I surprised. I had over 400 pictures of Matty to be printed. Up went the price and down went the money in my back account. about 600 pictures... and this is just of the boys.

I am glad I did it. It is about time that I had these pictures in albums with some memories I wanted to record. I just dont think my heart can handle the surprise if I wait so long the next time. Any one know of a way to better organize photos so you remember which ones need to be developed and which ones dont?

If youre ever wondering what I might be up to in the next few weeks, I'll likely be sorting my pictures and trying to assemble albums in some sort of way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That will be a gig project! AuntyB

Grace said...

Wow Kate! I am already starting that same trend...I've only developed about 40 of the hundreds we have taken...oops.

Irene said...

Pictures are priceless. You can back up your computer also to save pictures. Deanna loves to scrapebook which is a beautiful way to organize pictures with a theme.