Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bumble Bees and Blisters

A couple of firsts for both me and my boys.

First, Matthew was stung by a bee, twice on Saturday. He was out playing and I guess while he was playing the bee got angry and stung him. He cried "bee, bee" and while he pointed at his shirt it was descovered that he had another one in his shirt and it stung him. Cheek and arm pit. While he was being rescued byu his Uncle Cory, Cory got stung several times himself. There must have been a hive or something. They were very angry bees. Unfortunately, it isnt just bees that scare Matthew any more. It is any flying bug (especially flies). He sees them and just starts crying and running for me yelling: "Bee! Fly! WAA!" I have explained and showed him that flies wont hurt him but the message doesnt seem to be sticking.

Secondly, Levi has been teething for a while now. Suddenly, I noticed blisters on hius gums yesterday. Matty never had that.They swelled and then popped through. Levi I guess is having a harder time. It looks like he might even get 4 at once... we shall see. The blisters are on his bottom gum but just on one side.

So, bees and blisters. Ive never been stung and never had a child with blisters on their gums. First for everything.

4 comments:

Grace said...

I just got stung a couple months ago...first time for me at 25. I had JUST been bragging about not getting stung to Justin...reached into my laundry basket and an angry wasp stung me. It hurts, a lot. Cora got two teeth...and then two right after. Not fun...then then two more.

Susanna Rose said...

Your poor babies! 2 bee stings in one day...OUCH!!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! AuntyB

Irene said...

That is not nice for a little guy. : (