Saturday, October 16, 2010

Goodbye House of Firsts

As excited as I am to move on to bigger and better things, this old house is such a foutain of memories for me.

It was the second house I lived in after moving out of my parents house but the first one that was actually tolerable.

It was the first place I got to decorate as my own and stayed in for 4 years.

This house became the home of my husband. We got to come home to this place after our "honeymoon"

I went through my pregnancies in this house.

Pregnant with Matty
Pregnant with Levi

We brought our two children home from the hospital to this house.
Matty on his coming home (2-3 days old)
Levi on his coming home (2 days old)

We played host to several guests and many friends here.
Canada day celebration (one of quite a few at this address)

We were the place to go to if anyone wanted to skate on the canal or to walk to the market.

This will be the first place I will leave with sadness (except when I left my parents house but its still different from that somehow).

This is the first place where I have been able to keep plants alive.

The first place I had so much pride in at first because it was MY place. (That pride has shrunk substancially as time has gone on because we no longer fit here.)

This is the first place we have ever outgrown.

Once we leave here, it will be the first time in... 9 or 10 years that a Millar woman hasn't lived here.

I started my career as a teacher in this house and I ended my career here too.

I have struggled through sleepless nights and depression in this house.

It is the first place that has housed 7 little ones and 4 adults overnight with only one bedroom.

Oh, so many wonderful memories here. It will be hard to say goodbye but easy at the same time. Once this chapter closes, another more exciting one begins. We move from a rental property to our first house which will also be a house of firsts.

4 comments:

Grace said...

How much longer til you move? I have always htought how hard it would be to leave our house some day cause just like you, it's our house of firsts. But you are going to LOVE your next house:)

Anonymous said...

so many memories I have of that house too! just knowing you were there, raising your families. This is always where i have pictured you being...changes are good, but difficult!
maryanne

Irene said...

The wonderful memories are never forgotten but the new chapter in your life is going to be in your own home. This way you will be able to do what you want without having to get permission. : ) It is sad to move but what a blessing it is to move to your own home.

Anonymous said...

Great attitude, Kate....AuntyB