Monday, October 25, 2010

Missing in Action

I am so sorry for my absence in writing anything on this blog lately. We have to move out of this apartment by Saturday and there is so much to do and it is hard to do it with two little ones.

Dave is at the house from the morning until 10:30 most nights working away. This week he is even spending the nights there. I am home packing away as well as I can and being blessed by all the fantastic people who have come to give a hand or feed us.

From here I will be moving with the boys into my sisters apartment where we will stay until after Christmas. Dave will work and live at the house most nights and we will visit each other when we can.

Already the boys have trouble saying goodbye to daddy so it is going to be hard on us all. Matty has never been so whiney. The poor little man is seeing his home be turned upsidedown and he sees so little of daddy that when he is present, he isnt really ever out of sight. Levi needs me. He wont go to sleep if anyone else puts him down. He wont stay happy is he cant see me... Try getting anything done!!!

So, think of me, all of you who have houses you can beautiful and make homey this season... I will be without my house for some time still but once it is done it will be beautiful.

I do have pictures of some of the framing that Dave has done recently but I havent uploaded them yet so when I get a chance it will be up here for you all to see. Until then, if you go back to the last pictures I posted, just add a bit of wood on the walls and a set of stairs and you will have the basic idea. Its been a lot of work for Dave. Walls arent straight, floors arent straight... everything has to be done exactly so so that once we remove the outside of the house it will all be square. My man is pretty amazing... I just wish he could live with us during this time.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Kate,

That's really hard...how long are you expecting it to be before you can move in?

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing the evolution of your home...AuntyB