Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Another Year

Yesterday was my 27th birthday. When I think of that number I initially want to cringe at how big the number is getting but then a beauty washes over me: God has blessed me with this many years. What a beautiful gift. Every number, as it grows larger, is another undeserved gift from God. I am thankful to be 27 and I look forward to seeing those numbers get bigger and bigger.

The day started so beautifully and it just continued to be that way all day.

I woke up to my husband taking care of both the boys. He was changing them and getting them ready. I was able to have a nice shower without worrying about the boys location and then Dave took us out to breakfast. Oh how I love Coras (a fantastic breakfast restaurant full of crepes and waffles, omlettes and so many other wonderful things). I thought I would indulge in something sweet and chocolatey but instead I found this fantastic crepe omellet full of veggies and it was the greatest breakfast. Yumm!!!

We then went to buy a mailbox for our house. Nothing fancy but it is new and Dave added our names to it. After that I had to go do a bit of paperwork (my health card and drivers license expired on my birthday so I had to go to city hall to renew them both). Dave dropped the boys and I off with the stroller and we proceeded to get that done. While there I found out I could do both pieces of id there and not go to another place for the license so that was so great. Then, when it was done, we hit the bathroom where Matty surprised me by asking to go on the potty and he actually pooped on a strange, big toilet.

We had a wonderful walk home and then headed to Grammies house where my mom was going to watch the boys so I could go meet my sister at IKEA.

It was a nice outing where I was treated to Starbucks and just got to look around without worrying about my boys loosing it. Then I hit the grocery store before heading back for my birthday dinner.

My sister and mom made me Chicken Cord en Bleu which was absolutely amazing. I wanted to just eat and eat but my tummy doesnt let me eat as much as I used to. Oh so good. Then Mocha cheese cake compliments of Jo. So good. I enjoyed indulging and only really paid for it shortly after breakfast. Dinner and cake didn't bother me much at all which was nice.

It was a wonderful birthday and guess what! the day also marked my6 loss of 20 lbs. Thats right. I have now come down to 157. When I think back I believe I was 155 when I found out I was pregnant with Matty. It goes to show that my thyroid really did start stowing fat on me before babies... I just didnt know it. My normal body weight is likely somewhere in the 130's. 20lbs down, 20 more to go.

Thanks to all who gave a call or e-mailed me wishes. It was a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Kate, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry I'm a day late. Glad your day was so special. May God bless you with many more.

Also, Congrats on the weight loss!

Susanna Rose said...

Glad you had a good day! And good food too...yummmmm!:)

Anonymous said...

Happy (late )Birthday, Katie! You are looking wonderful - saw the latest photos on Jo's blog! AuntyB