Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Festivities

Merry Christmas to all. I have been very neglectful in my posting the past while. I have to say, this season is tough and then not being in your own home can make things harder to organize so I've been bad at getting posts off. Forgive me???

I am pretty sure you all read my sisters blog so I don't think you all want to hear about our Millar Christmas since Im sure she has already filled you in on the details. I can tell you that we had a great time. I learned I need to step up my game with Matty's stocking since he had only two little gifts and then his few under the tree. He saw his cousins loot and kind of looked at me with this expression of " hey, mom, whats up? Where are all of mine?" and then kept trying to steal some of Isaiah's present. So, that note was made. He was very happy with his gifts and I think Levi enjoyed the hype of it all. Metalic food was a bit of a bummer but I think the only hitch.

Once everyone left, I came down with violent stomach flue and had to suffer through that for quite a while. So much fun and then Connor (my little brother) got it too. We spent the 26th together on seperate couches sleeping. I felt great on the 27th and no one else was showing any signs of illness so we thought we could head out and see if there were any great boxing week sales. Guess what? Levi chose to suddenly show a symptom: vomiting! All over himself and the carseat. We had little choice but to find somewhere to get him cleaned up and I was out a snowsuit so I found a blanket on sale and we had him wrapped up tight. He seemed to heal up pretty quickly. The next day we fed him cautiously and all seemed to go quite well. So by the 29th we were home free.

Then we had the celebration at Dave's parents and once again it was a great time. All the cousins together in one place being spoiled rotten. Here are some pictures of our time.
Here we have Matty and Henry tearing into a gift from Oma and Pake.

Once again tearing open gifts and having a wonderful time.

Here is Brenna and Eleanor opening some of their gifts.

Henry and Sam enjoying some Pake lap at the dinner table.

This years two youngest together.

Oma went out to the library and, knowing her grandkids, remembered their favourite books which they enjoyed a lot.

Five of the six grandkids together on the couch. Brenna had only just woken up and wasn't quite ready for the crowd.

Levi enjoying absolutely everything!

We left there with very full tummies, gifts galore and eyes sagging with fatigue. It was such a good time had by all that it kind of went on until close to 10 and then we had an hour drive home again. Dave and I had an eventful drive home. As we were driving Levi spewed once again. All over the clean snowsuit and carseat. I guess I was wrong about him being better eh? We had to stop at a Macs, buy some papertowels and do our best. Blah!

I remember growing up, Christmas with our cousins always meant someone was sick. Is is Christmas without sickness... I woudntl know!

Anyways, this time of year always leaves me feeling so blessed (vomiting or not). All the luxuries we have and the gift of families that love us and whom we love... We can so easily take it all for granted.

I hope you all had a wonderful time full of great memories. I know we did.

3 comments:

Betty said...

I"m so sorry you and Levi were sick, but the pictures are wonderful. Matty and Levi are both precious. Happy New Year!

Grace said...

Glad you had a merry christmas, Kate! sorry about all the sickness...Matty and Levi look so much alike!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful little children, Kate! AuntyB