Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Nomadic

Hello strangers. I am so sorry for how long it has been since I have last posted anything. Please let me give you all my excuses even though I really do hate being given them.

As you all know, the boys and I have been bunking at my sister's place since the end of October. We set up our dwelling and made ourselves at home. It didnt last too long before reasons pulled me away from the home for a week and a half and we became nomads.

First, the boys and I stayed with my parents at their place because everyday I needed to do things in town. Instead of spending the money on gas we just settled in there for a few days. The boys were comfortable there and slept well. It seemed like a fun idea.
Cozy movie time with Papa

I went on a little trip for a day and the boys stayed with Grammie and Papa and then the next day we were ready to head back to Uncle Aidan's.

Instead we ended up heading to Daves families house where we stayed for 4 days. It was a really nice visit and Matty and Levi enjoyed the attention. Levi was unsettled a bit what with all the changes and he refused to be held by anyone but me but it was nice to be around that
side of the family.
Levi and Matty playing a weird game Daddy taught them. The rule of the game is to pass the object from mouth to mouth... no hands allowed. slightly unsanitary but their family :) Both of them love the game. Big smiles and giggles. Can't be beat.

Matty and Levi cruising on the wagon together. This is a very favourite toy.

Matty and Omke Emke sharing some cereal before bed.

Rides with Pake!

Once again, when our time was up there we planned to return to Aunty Jos when yet another event was happening in town. So back to Grammies we went, bags and all to set up camp once more.
Smiles dont get much bigger than that.

At this point both boys were just ready for home. They played and what not but were grumpy and whiney. I cant say I blame them.

Then after a busy Sunday we finally returned "home" to Uncle Aidans and Aunty Jo's. It took a few days to get back into routine and get the boys settled but now we are back to our comfort level. The boys play happily and sleep beautifully.

In all of this I am desperate for our home. I want the boys to have a place they know is home. A constant in their life. I have been their constant and that is good. Its just pretty tiring. I am the only thing they depend on to stay the same. I cant leave their sides unless they are asleep... I hope it all settles back to a normal life once we have a home of our own. What we have now, however is a perfect substitute until that time comes. As Matty likes to say: "We go home, Aunty Jos?"

Yes my love, we go home, aunty Jos.

3 comments:

Grace said...

They are so adorable Kate. How long til you can settle into your home? And where is Dave staying?

Vanessa said...

One day these Nomadic days won't seem so long or hard from the comfort of your new beautiful home!

Love,
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

You handle it well, Kate...Aunty B