Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Feast To Serve

To no one.

Have you ever had one of those days where you finally drag yourself off the couch simply because you know someone else would appreciate the work you would do if you did?

Well today thats how I felt. I got off my seat and said, " Thats it, I need to get to work" and I dewcided that work was going to be making a nice dinner. My brother in law is suppose to come tonight after work to help Dave with taxes so I thought the two men could use a nice dinner.

I went to work creating a lasagnia. Unfortunately I somehow dont have a recipe for lasagnia so I tried out a new one. I found a tomato sauce in Joy of Cooking that I had never made and went to work making it and playing with it a bit. I assembled the whole thing and have even cooked it once. Ill reheat it for dinner and it should taste even better than before.

Than I decided to make some cookies for dessert and a ceasar salad, with real bacon to go with the meal. I must say ive been feeling pretty excited about dinner for a while now.
Not yet assembled and it probably makes more sense not to adssemble it until it is ready to be eaten.

Then I got a phone call. It was Dave. He is meeting a client before he comes home so he will be here around 7:00 and so will my brother in law.

I feel so disappointed. They will eat reheated dinner that isn't freshly made and soggy salad and I and the boys will have already feasted. I just feel disappointed that it worked out that way.

Funny how we can get excited about the littlest things and then experience disappointment from them as well.

3 comments:

Cornelis said...

It looks great Kate. I can assure you that your brother in law will not be disappointed.

Grace said...

Totally understand! I would feel the same way:)

Betty said...

That was so thoughtful of you! I completely understand how you felt, it all looks delicious. And anyways, lasagna is always way better the next day anyway!!!