Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Im Back!

Well, it feels like I have been absent for much longer then I needed to be but we only just got the internet on Saturday and today is the first day I've had a chance to get on and read and write. So hello again.

Living here in our home is fabulous. Slowly but surely we are working make it look more organized and homey. Our entry way is painted and is now our sitting room. There still isnt electricity in there yet but it wont take Dave long to hook that up wince all the recepticles are in.
This is just to show you the pain colour (look at the wall not the disaster on the stairs).

Believe it or not, I spent so much time cleaning and tidying today and from this picture you can see it was all undone before bed time. I decided to quit for the day and blog instead of cleaning it all up AGAIN!

And I love our bathroom. I find the colour very tranquil and relaxing.



We are still lacking hanger for towels and shelves to put things away on but they will come soon enough.

As for the rest, not too much has changed except for us living in it which makes it very messy but nice. Ive been enjoying baking and cooking. I have even been making Dave his lunches which is something that I have always hated doing.

The boys have adjusted pretty well. The one thing I find difficult is Matty's sudden dislike for sleep. He will easily get into bed and pray and sing and sit quietly in bed but when Dave and I come up to bed (much later) he is still lying in bed wide awake just waiting for us. He has a night light and, for the first while, sleep came to him easily but now he isnt so sure.

Dave and I have decided that we can start working on the other side of the house before finishing any more of this side so we can get some more bedrooms done. Maybe if Matty is in his own room he wont be expecting company and will sleep better.

Other than that, my in-laws celebrated their 30th anniversary and everyone was able to get together to celebrate them.

It is increadibly rare that every child is awake and willing to sit still for photos.

Dave rigged the timer on the camera so we were all able to get in the picture together.
Introducing the van der Meer clan!

Well, hopefully I will be able to blog a little more regularly now. I've never been too consistent but perhaps a few more than recently.

3 comments:

Grace said...

House is looking great. Just us redoing our kitchen has created tons of mess...I cannot imagine the mess you are having to live with! It'll be worth it though:) You look great! Love that pregnant belly.

Grace said...

House is looking great. Just us redoing our kitchen has created tons of mess...I cannot imagine the mess you are having to live with! It'll be worth it though:) You look great! Love that pregnant belly.

Irene said...

Your home is so beautiful . You have done a fantastic job in the decorating. Congratulations to the Van der Meers on their 30th wedding anniversay. " ) May God continue to bless your family Katie. Cannot wait to meet this new little guy.