Monday, April 11, 2011

Mondays

Growing up, Mondays were always a miserable day. Back to the grind of regular life after a nice relaxing weekend (or maybe filled with part time jobs but still school free).

days of the week monday

Since being home and having kids I have to admit that Mondays are my favourite day. I have just had my day of rest which is most often spent away from my home all together and have had help with the boys all day long. When I wake up the next morning I am ready to get working. I want to change the beds, do the laundry, get the boys back into a routine, plan meals, tidy surfaces that have gotten a bit chaotic... the list doesnt end really. Its as the week goes on that my motivation wanes, I get my Sabbath rest and then am ready to go again on Monday.

Does anyone else feel this way? Its like a fresh start. Im pretty sure this is why God commands this day of rest. Not only do we need to stop and think on him and worship him but we need to find rest to be able to get going again for the next week. Life has a lot of stress and activity. Im glad He commands us to stop for a day to just enjoy him.



Hope everyone finds some joy on this Monday. I know it isnt most peoples favourite day of the week.

3 comments:

grace said...

Kate, I must say...I don't love Mondays. I find them a little depressing as I am back to the grind but I do like the routine starting again.

The Matriarch said...

I love Mondays! AuntyB

The Matriarch said...

I love Mondays!