Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Phillipa Gregory

I recently finished reading my very first book by this author.

She writes historical fiction stories (my favourite). It was called The Constant Princess and is about King Henry the 8th's first wife, Catalina, the infanta of Spain, Kathrine Princess of Wales and Queen of England.

Does this author ever have a way of making their lives sound so... interesting. I loved reading every page. The people came to life. And I have never even treid to learn English history but I now have a few characters that I have begun to place in history.

I dont know if you enjoy historical fiction, if you do you will love her books. If not, you might like these anyways. She has a way of getting you so wrapped up in the story you can forget that a lot of it is historical fact.

Thank you Jo for introducing this author to me.

Now I have to be sure not to get them all at once and start neglecting my children just so I can read them :) May be a good hospital read, however.

1 comment:

Faye @ RawLawyer.com said...

I so just reserved one of her books - I needed some new fiction! Thanks for the suggestion.