Saturday, April 9, 2011

Playing Host

As Dave and I settle into our new home, comfort has finally led us to hosting a little more. Recently we've had Tara, whenever I can, Amanda, we've had Karin and her family for dinner, my sister and her family for lunch, Ness and her boys for the morning and then a couple from church with their three children for dinner.

I have always enjoyed hosting and it is something that Dave LOVES to do. We always wanted to use our house as a place to host and now that we have it somewhat organized we have begun.

Last night was a lot of fun. We made pork chops and asperagus with baked potatoes and our guests brought a yummy ceasar salad. And for dessert a store bought mousse cake ( I cheated). We spent the evening chatting away about many different things while the kids played with various things. I think the highlight for Seth was the LEGO.
We pulled it out after dinner and both Seth and Matty jumped right in there. Seth has a much more mature mind as he is quite a few years older so he actually made real things.
Matthew played with wheels and ramps mostly but was so captivated by it that he forgot to use the potty and was a very wet boy by the end of the evening.

It was so nice to open up our home to new friends and get to know them better. I hope you come again guys!!!

Ness and her boys came by this week too for a visit. It was the first time they had come together and stayed to play. Henry and Matty enjoyed the toys together for a while but eventually found something a little more fun:
Who needs toys when you can have a cupboard?

We spent some time outside since the weather was beautiful and the boys all had a great time. They ran, threw balls, pulled the wagon and threw things in our old pond (we had a pond! Its the size of an infant bathtub but much deeper). Levi and Sam enjoyed moving slowly over the bumpy, dirty ground, finding random things to pick at or try and eat.
And while the weather gets more and more beautiful, little signs of spring keep popping up.
By the afternoon, this was open and so stunning. Of course I didnt have my camera at that point.

I am so excited about our home and all the things we will see and do this summer. Now that the weather is getting warmer (knock on wood) I can enjoy my favourite part which is our property.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Katie,
Thank you so much for opening your home and hearts to us. We all enjoyed ourselves so much and I loved the depth of the conversation and the fellowship that such sweet Christian friendships can bring. I would love to return the hospitality very soon. :)