Monday, September 14, 2009

Dad Update

Thank you all for your prayers and I would like to urge you to continue in them if you can.

My dad is still awaiting another operation. Apparently, when they cleared out the artery that caused the heart attack they discovered another two arteries that are very close to causing him another attack. One of them is 98% blocked and the other 80%.

My dad was so hopeful he would be going home today or tomorrow but he is yet to even be put on the list for the procedure/operation. He was given a false hope today when they told him to fast so that if they could slide him in at some point they would, but later was told he could eat because there was no room ( I can feel his disappointment and sinking dispair). I know he would like to be home. He would like to be back with family and colour and good food. He is where he needs to be right now but I think he struggles with worry and loneliness. I know I would.

Mom said they would be moving him up out of intensive care so he could have visitors other than family. Im sure it would be a welcome distraction for him. I guess they'll just move him back into intensive care once he has has the procedue??? Or maybe he will be ok since he has not had another attack...

Anyways, my mom and dad have felt so blessed from everyone who has called, e-mailed, made meals and every other ministry people have given. Thank you so much. We all love you so much and appreciate your continued love and prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Kate...Are praying....Much love, AuntieB

Niki said...

thanks for updating, we're keeping him in prayer (and all of you)
Hugs
Niki

Grace said...

Still praying! We love you all!