Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Made Roast Chicken

Some of you may be very unimpressed by this. However, I felt like a true kitchen diva while working on making a herb roasted chicken dinner.

I decided to invite my parents over for dinner (a non-judgmental party who would forgive me if it was terrible) and Dave invited Jared over. He is a good cook so he made me a little nervous. As I skewerd the chicken neck to the back after having rinsed the chicken and patted it down with paper towel I felt very much like Julia from the movie Julie and Julia. So into the whole process. It wasnt until I had to baste the chickens (thats right, I made two at a time) that I was not feeling so happy about the whole thing. It kept burning me and the baster wasnt doing a good job... I had to fight being crabby ( I am so not the queen of the kitchen).

I made mashed potatoes, green beans, steamed carrots and gravy with the herb chicken.

Dave carved up the chicken and then the moment of truth arrived. Was it good? It was AWSOME!!! Even Jared said it was good. Right away he said it. Connor couldnt stop telling me how good it was and mom and I savoured each bite. Dave loved it and he doesnt like chicken much...

It may sound like I am bragging... Am I? I dont think so. I am triumphing in a success that could have so easily been a disaster. I am Katie, the woman who really doesnt enjoy the kitchen. I dont like cooking and I bake with glee sometimes but mostly prefer to make easy, boring meals. I, Katie, roasted two chickens and lived to tell you it was GOOD!

MMMMM!

Ok, Im done. Thank you all for reading my excitement. And thank you mom for helping me make gravy and deciding the meat was done cooking.

No comments: