Tuesday, September 29, 2009

2 years of adventure

2 years ago yesterday I was preparing for my wedding day. I was surrounded by all the people I love and who love me. We went and had our hair and makeup done and then headed to the church to get dressed for walking down the ailse.

The greatest moment was being presented to my love at the front and hearing:"I now pronounce you husband and wife". Since then, life has felt like it has always been this way. Dave and I are one and it seems foreign to consider it being any other way.

So much has happened in our short marriage and its increadible to believe there was a time when all of it was just a dream. Two sons, new friends, adventures to numerous places together, struggles and growth...

I am so excited to be where I am and I look forward to celebrating many more anniversaries with my best friend and husband. Just yesterday he was asking me if I had ever pictured us aftert two years and I had to admit I had only thought of us in 25 years. Marriage becomes more and more beautiful as it goes through trials and comes out strengthened and matured. Dont get me wrong, I dont desire trials, I just know they will come and we will have to deal with different things. Its the way it is.

I thank the Lord for blessing me with my life as it is. I ask Him to provide me with continual growth in seeing where I am failting as a wife and mother and I praise Him for all the amazing things I have seen Him do.

Thank you Lord.
Thank you Dave.

I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys had a great date!

Grace said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, Dave and Kate...May you have many more! AuntieB