Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wonderland

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

What a strange story. I knew the story but had never read it. Boy does it get even wierder when it is read. One really does have to wonder what was wrong with the author when he wrote this story. Sure it is very imaginative and... different but was it written without substance abuse? I really doubt it.

Dont get me wrong, I really enjoyed reading it and have even watched a version of it as a movie and thought it quite enjoyable (my sister thought it was much to creepy). It just goes to prove that reading the real thing is always different and usually better.

One thing that I was expecting and didnt see was Tweedle dee and Tweedle dum. I wonder if they are in Through the Looking Glass instead...

3 comments:

Rick Rose said...

Your description of the book made me laugh, especially the substance abuse part!!;) i'm impressed by all the reading you have succeeded in accomplishing! Good job!

Love Susanna (logged into Rick's account accidentally;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful illustrations! AuntyB

Jenny - Pocketful Of Posies said...

I loved "Alice in Wonderland" and always have.
I've even found myself pondering: "why IS a raven like a writing desk?"

I'm glad you're enjoying it - and yes, though it was basically an opium trip, still well written. :D

Beautiful illustrations.

- Jen