Friday, January 22, 2010

Still Waiting

I have no ideawhy I was so impatient waiting for Matthew. He came on the 5th overdue day but I was in labour for 3 days. Things were happening and it kept my mind off of waiting. Yet with him I was impatient a month before he came.

Levi, however, is now 6 days late. And NOTHING is happening. He isnt making me have contractions and so it is discouraging. I just want the process to start.

I just returned from the ultrasound. I guess they wanted to check me out to make sure that I didnt go through whole weekend if My plecenta was tired or my liquid was low. Everything looked fantastic. You know what the tech told me? They estimate that Levi currently weighs 9.14. I really hope they are wrong. Matthew was big enough, thank you very much.

If I dont go into labour on my own this weekend, I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday and then they will schedule will for induction. I really dont want to be induced and I really dont want to wait so long. Every moment of the day I feel like I am fighting back tears. Im tired and my whole body hurts. I cant walk properly and I cant sit or lie comfortably either. Poor Matthew gets the brunt of my impatience. Its like we are both in the same mind set. The past two and a half days he has just been fussy and whiney and crying all the time and I feel like doing the same thing. I think we are rubbing off on one another. Its hard being the mom and having to just suck it up and hold it back.

Right now I guess im just trying to keep myself busy with anything. It's really hard. I find myself telling Levi how great it is to be in the world in hopes that he'll listen and come out. I have to keep my mind away from how pleasant it will be just to bend over when there is no human in my womb. So many things will be so much easier (tieing boots, putting on pants, shaving my legs, standing by the sink...).

I dont know if anyone on the planet can understand impatience the way a woman does while waiting for an overdue baby.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Oh Kate...I am so sorry! I keep waiting to hear news of his arrival! Ok..will continue to pray that this baby'll come!!!!! I LOVE YOU! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

My, oh my...Thought I would see "deed done"...He IS keeping you waiting! AuntyB