Friday, February 19, 2010

Baptised at 3 weeks

Last Sunday we had Levi baptised. He was a Valentines Day baptism.

It was nice. We had family and friends join us in celebrating. Lunch was held in the basement and babies were passed around from person to person. I put Levi in the same shirt that Matty wore for his baptism so we could compare what they look like. I personally dont think they look much alike.
This is Matty on the day of his baptism. You will notice he had crossed eyes in the early days of his life but they straightened out after a few weeks.

Here is Levi. Notice the lack of hair and the closed eyes. I truely see little resemblance. Do you?

Rich (our pastor) invited the grandparents and great grandparents to join us in the front. I was so happy about that. He spoke of how we had proof of Gods promise that His blessings would be on multiple generations of those who love Him by seeing believing grandparents present.

Here we are saying our vows to raise Levi in the way that he should go.

Align Center
Here we have the grandparents. Daves parents are right behind us, Daves grandmother is next to them, my parents next to her and Daves grandfather behind them.

What a fantastic sight. All these parents in the front witnessing the baptism of another generation. And not just any parents but mine! We are so blessed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful indeed, Kate...And I agree that - at this point - your sons do not look alike...AuntyB

Niki said...

We were blessed to be there, Kate!
A lovely Baptism :)

Grace said...

Kate,

They do not look alike but they are both beautiful boys. This made me sad cause I wish I could have witnessed their baptism...how i wish Cora could be baptised:( Anyhow, love you all!