Sunday, February 28, 2010

Time As A Mother of One

What with being increadibly overwhealmed and always crying and not healing, my sister was quick to find a solution.

We were sitting in Starbucks and she said:

"Ive been dying to get some me and Matty time. Let me take him for a few days."

She who has 5 precious little people at home was asking to be able to have one more in the pile!

Once logistics were worked out, it was carried out. The next day Aunty Karin came and picked Matty up and brought him out to Aunty Jos. There he stayed for 2 1/2 days romping around with his cousins.

Meanwhile, I was at home taking care of only one little man. A very demanding little man. I only had one nap in that time but I had some much needed sanity time. Only having to think about one little man (the more demanding one of the two for sure). I could sit still when Levi slept and just read or veg. and not worry about having to get up and get a snack or read a story or play a game or clean up a disaster that seems to trail mr. Matthew.

I was able to get to the doctors and get some medications and work in some relief to my life so that when Matty came home (we missed him so much). I had a bit more in the way of hope for my own recovery.

It was so nice to be able to return, just for a short time, to one child. I know very soon I will know how to handle two and not struggle so much with balancing it all. But for now, as one is colicy and loud all the time, and the other one still has so many needs as well, it was very wonderful to have a break for a few days.

Thank you Jo!!!

2 comments:

Grace said...

So glad you were blessed with a little more of a break. (or whatever having one child as opposed to two can be called). How sweet of Jo! Hope you had some good bonding time with Levi.

Helms said...

So that's why Jo's blog has gone AWOL!!! What a wonderful reason. Kate, I am going to start praying for you right now. I did not realize that Levi had had colic and all. Another person to help you bear your burden...far away, but prayer is powerful and effective!