Monday, March 1, 2010

No More Than I Can Handle

This past month I have had several days where I had to ask God if He realized He was giving me more than I could handle. I felt as though there was some sort of mistake because I just couldnt do it. He promised He wouldnt ever give me more than I could handle and here I was in the midst of something I truely believed I couldnt handle.

Yesterday, at church, I was met first by a beloved friend in the parking lot who quickly pulled out a meal for me and said she had heard I had a rough week and thought a meal would help me out. The gesture alone was enough to make me feel stronger (thank you Jane). Then I ran into someone else who was checking up on me via my mom. She mentionned she was still praying for me (thank you Heather).

I was in the nursary for the morning and I was down there with another beautiful, godly woman and, although I dont know her too well, she was quick to take a screaming Levi and pace around the nursary with him and then offer to come over any evening if Dave and I needed to sleep and she would pace with the screaming boy (thank you Judith).

It wasnt until the evening when I was exchanigng words with a friend and we spoke about how we have felt that we were being given more than we could handle and yet, were handling it since we were still here. Than it hit me. I CANT handle it but God has put some many amazing people in my life that when I cant do it any longer, there is someone I can call and they will be there to help.

I honestly dont know what people do without a church family. People I barely know are offering to cook for me, care for my children, give me a rest, pray for me, love me... Not everyone is so blessed. Thank you all of my brothers and sisters for the amazing support. I think Im beginning to get my sea legs and things are starting to get easier. Only because of all of you who have been my support. God bless you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Kate! AUNTYB

Grace said...

Glad you are getting that much needed help. I still remember well the long days of screaming and crying (sine they weren't that long ago)...they can drive the most patient woman insane...plus the sleep deprivation makes it all so hard. BUT, like you said, just taking the help that is offered is so important! I'm so thankful you have people looking out for you and loving you.