Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Week At A Glance

Sunday: Feeling like I was almost 100%. Took my last antibiotic and used my topical cream for the last time. I started planning all the things that I oculd begin to work back into my normality.

Monday: Itch started to return but I kept busy, trying to get on top of the house. Woke up EARLY in the morning in crazy itch. Wanted to scream with frustration.

Tuesday: Visited a friend and her kids. Started usuing my topical cream again and treated myself for a yeast infection (just in case). Called the doctor and made an appointment for Friday which I could cancel if conditions got better.

Wednesday: No improvement but no worsening. Visited my mom and got groceries done.

Thursday: Visit from a friend for the day. Chopped off some of my finger and toyed with the idea of going to emerg. for hours. The bleeding was heavy and when it finally stopped and I wanted to change the dressing, it was stuck to the dressing and once unstuck, it bled just as badly as before.

Friday: visited the doctor. They said there was nothing to do about the itch and that it would just heal. Just keep using the cream. If I werent breastfeeding they could give me something to clear it up in 24 hours... tempting I must say. Not a yeat infection though (apparently). tetnus shot in the shoulder, blood taken for a few routine checks for my thyroid and a look at my finger and a new dressing that would not be adhesive (thank you so mych nuse Nick).

Saturday: Went out in the morning after a nice sleep in with the wholoe family. We saw the St. Patricks Day parade in spite of the VERY strong wind. We had a coffee and breakfast sandwhich before we saw it. It was a beautiful morning as a family. A much needed time for me. Itching is still quite present and at times is a struggle to not scratch. May I ask, WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON????

Waiting for the Parade to begin

Me with a Levi attatched, standing in the wind watching.

Town crier: "hear ye! hear ye! the St. Patrick's Day parade is about to begin!"

4 comments:

Susanna Rose said...

OH man Kate! What a hard week! So sorry and hope you find out what is going on with the itch soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was such a parade in Ottawa! AuntyB

Grace said...

Sorry about how awful you are feeling. Thankfully I did not experience what you are going through.

Erin said...

Looks like you had a busy week! I hope you get the itch figured out :)