Wednesday, March 3, 2010

House

How horrible is it that the last time I posted about a house, I was saying that we were no longer going tobe buying the one we wanted because of all these complications? I ask How Horrible? because we are buying that house. I just never remembered to write about it.

You see, the house situation got so frustrating to me that I just wanted no more to do with it. The current owner/realtor wanted as much money as he could get for a house that was falling down around the tenants ears. He also didnt want to tell the tenants that the house was going to be sold because he could possibly lose one of the tenants too quickly and not have their rent money to help him pay for the costs. One of the tenants can legally stay in the house until their lease is up which is at the end of August so he doesnt want to tell them about that either since he also hopes to potentially get them evicted sooner (they dont like to pay rent).

So, the situation was complicated. Parts of the situation made me feel for the owner but not too badly since he was puting Dave and I through such a rough go of it. He signed an agreement to let us have the house for a certain date and then came back saying he couldnt honor that agreement and wanted to just back out of it. We were not ok with that. Dave had already invested a lot of time into the house process as well as into planning out the new floor plan to the house.

Anyways, after a few threats from lawyers and an e-mail from Dave it was decided that we would get the house. We will learn when we get the house 90 days before we get it and the latest that would be would be September 1st. Crazy to think that it could have be the first of this month that we originally got possession... Gods timing is good. I couldnt have imagined moving right now.

The thought of having our own house really excites me. I want so badly to start packing and to get planning floor plans and paint colours and all of that. I just find that not actually being able to see the house, and not really knowing when we will get it (though we are pretty sure it will be September) makes it hard for me to visualize. Also, all the renovations will be done in stages. So I have to really think of how everything will tie together eventually even though it wont be there right away. Like, front tile colours that will still work well when you see the kitchen from the front and will it match the wall colour that we havent yet chosen??? I dont even know where to start. Thankfully I have a husband who is great at that. I just know he wants me to be a part of it. I just dont really know how to make those decisions. At least I really know what I DONT want. That helps Im sure.

So that's where thats at. Sorry I didnt write about it sooner. My mind has definetly been elsewhere.

Brothers at work!
Cousins at rest

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO glad you have your house...Hope to see it before too long...AUntyB

Grace said...

is Levi in the scoop of Matty's tractor??? Too funny.

Susanna Rose said...

I can't imagine how exciting it must be to be able to plan for a house but I'm sure it is pretty amazing!! Now you can do so many things that are just not worth doing in an apartment situation!! How fun! And I love that picture of the cousins at rest...adorable!:)