Saturday, March 20, 2010

1 Hour After Waking Up

I am constantly amazed at how quickly my small apartment looks trashed with one whirl wind of a child.
Matty found the kleenex box and tore apart a handful
of them and placed them with some books that
he so nicely left on the floor.

Everything gets picked up and put back so often in the day. The final tidy and sweep happens once Matty is in bed.

No one would have a clue that I ever picked anything up if they came to my house even one hour after waking up.

Laundry hanging to dry looks messy enough, then add a playpen that was moved into the living room since Dave had stomach flu and we wanted to give him space. And then you add Matty's "art of mess" and we have a disaster.

3 comments:

Johannah said...

Believe it or not, I usually let the house get trashed in the mornings too. I deal with it once the kids are all preoccupied with something quiet. It's actually freeing to let it all go for awhile.
Of course, mine are old enough to help me with the clean-up...
Soon yours will be too!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! These are the messiest years, I think. And like Jo said, soon they can help. Very soon!
Maryanne

Susanna Rose said...

Kate, love that you show real life and not the house only when it is spick and span!! This is how our apartment often looks too at various points in the day! Constant tidying is the word with two little mess makers! Micah is now able to help me out though if asked so before you know it, Matty will be too!:)