Saturday, February 27, 2010

Emma


On starting this book I was really worried I would not be able to get through it. Chapters worth of conversations that would normally take a person two seconds to exchange and they just kept going and going. Wordier and wordier...

However, every time I put the book down, i looked forward to picking it up again to see just how close th emovie was to the book. Maybe not the best way to read a book but it worked.

Something that I really enjoyed was escaping into that time period. The formality of it, the language and the ways they enjoyed themselves... I just found I wanted to escape into that historical time and be in their loves instead of mine.

In the end, I have to say I enjoyed this book. It was enjoyable to pick up and put down again. I won't say that it was a "cant put it down" kind of book but I always did want to pick it up again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did so much fun reading when my kids were little...Good one to choose. AuntyB