Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Answer To My Prayer

We arrived at CHEO (our children's hospital) and signed in. Our appointment was at 2:15 and we waiting until 2:45 to be seen... oh well, thats our system at the moment.

They unwrapped Mattys finger and took a look at his x-rays. At first I was a little worried because the Dr. looked at the nurse and said, "hmmm, next week?" and her face looked grim. She then told me the nurse would re-wrap Matthews finger and to make an appointment next week to have the stitches removed.

Seeing as how I received very little information I said, "So what's next? What has to happen next?" She then turned to me like I was not understanding her and repeated, "Just make an appointment for next week and we'll remove the stitches." So I was a little clearer after that and asked her if we were going to have to have a surgery or anything and then they were able to inform me that his little bone should heal itself but that it will take a very long time to heal. I don't know if I can even express how happy that made me. I also rejoiced that I only have to change Matthews dressing once between now and his next appointment. I go weak at the knees seeing his little finger.

The future will hold many more appointments until his bone is healed but I am happy that there are suppose to be no other procedures to work on his tiny finger. God is the sole healer from now on for his thumb.

Please continue to pray for quick healing for his thumb. He loves doing activities and drawing and colouring but he can't do it very easily with his left hand.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Kate, just catching up on my blogs..how awful! So glad he is healing well. Probably going to be a lot of accidents with 3 little boys running around.

Heather said...

So good to hear that no surgery is expected. Will continue to pray for perfect healing. ♥

Anonymous said...

He seems a real trooper, Kate...AuntyB