Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Latest Project

I knit to felt a hat!!!

I love it. I am so proud of myself... Is that ok?

A class a week for three weeks and this is the end result. Most of it was done at home and just a bit of help in the class with any new stitches. The felting was done yesterday and we got to decorate the hats however we wanted to. I debated buttons ( I love buttons) or a beautiful flower that I could have made (very tempting) but then I saw these beautiful hand dyed, hand felted circles and loved them. When I lay them on my hat, however, they seemed too flat. I played with them and then sewed them on this way and I love how they look.

I have a picture of me wearing the hat but I am so incredibly overweight and the picture looked so terrible that I am too proud to show it. I know that pride is bad!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Wow Kate! Beautiful as always...you have some serious talent:)

Anonymous said...

Katie! Wonderful! AUntyB