Monday, December 19, 2011

Movie Time

Its incredibly rare that all three of my boys are occupied at the same time.

The other day Ewan was asleep in bed and with some popcorn on little plates, my boys sat at the table and enjoyed leap frog's movie- The Letter Factory.

May I just say that if anyone has children who are just learning letters - this is the best thing you will ever find. After the first time watching it Matthew already knew a few new letters and now he knows every single one and their sounds. I'm not an advocate for children sitting in front of a movie all the time but this one is well worth it.

And it gave me a melt-y moment looking at my two big boys enjoying a movie together... in silence!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love those boys and love the Letter Factory!!

-- Vanessa

Grace said...

Hope you soaked in that silence. Cora likes Leap Frog too (they are good for teaching)...oh, and studies have shown that Blues Clues is the best educational show...so, you don't need to feel guilty putting them in front of it:) Justin shared that info with me the other day which made me feel better since Cora adores Blue.

Anonymous said...

Such sweet boys, Kate. Auntyb

Betty said...

I read this post the day you posted it, and the other day remembered it when Levi was going crazy around the house. He NEVER will sit in front of the TV, but I put on a leap frog letter movie and he sat still for almost an entire 30 minutes. So THANK YOU so much!