Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ugly Tree

Special circumstances brought us our tree this year.

You see, with an unfinished house and a hubby pretty busy with work during the day and house work at night we haven't had a chance to really get a tree. We love cutting down a tree every year and normally do this at Dave's family's place but we just didn't have time this year.

Here enters out ugly tree.

My Aunty Peggy called me over the other day while at my moms to take a look at her tree. Someone cut one down for her and brought it right into her home but it was just too big a tree for her place. She asked if I needed one and I let her know that we would really appreciate it. Dave was able to pick it up on the way home from work and it made it so much easier and cheaper.

Isn't this just the ugliest tree you have ever seen??? I love it and once it is completely decorated it will gain some character and maybe even look sweet. Currently, however, it is full of holes and has coloured lights on it (I dont normally do that but I wasn't home when the tree was put up- I'm a white lights kind of lady).

No matter how ugly the tree is, though, I still really love it. It makes me think of my thoughtful Aunt, my adorable husband who braced the tree and put up the lights just to make me happy, it brings warmth to the house, it's the very first tree in our new house and soon it will make me giggle because of how the boys decorated it.

Ugly tree or not, I think all Christmas trees brighten up a home. Next year I just hope we can be a bit more on top of things and aim for a little bit more... tree.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I felt the same about our tree...i covered the bottom holes w gifts....

Anonymous said...

Great attitude, Kate! AuntyB